13 May 2007

My Tribute for Mother's Day

The formative period for building character for eternity is in the nursery. The mother is queen of that realm and sways a scepter more potent than that of kings or priests. ~Author Unknown
My beautiful, loving and strong wife, Andra, is indeed the Queen and the Source of all things good in the Stoller household. With great patience and equality, she is raising and home schooling our four children by example of love and Christian values. Due to my constant deployments, Andra has accomplished this monstrous and phenominally important task single-handed and with great finesse. Andra is also my very best friend and complete balance. She is always the logical to my emotional, the brains to my brawn, and a staunch supporter when I venture out with another new idea. Bless her heart, she still laughs at most of my jokes too. We have undertaken the biggest adventure of our lives...married each other for better or worse, expanded our union with 4 uniquely different children and always dealing with changes of duty station and deployments at the whim of the Air Force. I couldn't imagine going through this life without the blessing of Andra by my side. Thank you, my Love, for being the awesome friend, counselor, wife, and magnificent mother you are and for the way you have made all of our lives so much better with the depth and strength of your heart.


All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother. ~Abraham Lincoln
My Mom, Inge, is the other Saint who has blessed my life beyond measurable bounds. She has been my solid rock of support and best of all...my greatest fan. Not one concert or ball game was missed by Mom...ever. I am fortunate my Mom stopped working at Proctor & Gamble and essentially went to High School with me. She managed the sports team pictures, ticket sales for all the sports game at lunch time, and dedicated herself to chauffer duties for both my drumset and me. We were named co-Best Spirited for the senior class of 1987. In college, Mom suffered as much and most likely more than I did with each end of quarter final exams. Throughout the my time in the Air Force and the rasing of Andra's and my children, Mom has always been there with advice and help that came straight from her heart and with immeasurable love. On top of all she gives to my family and me, she has over 11,000 hours of volunteer time at Anderson Mercy Hospital in the Surgery Waiting Room where she keeps order and takes care of each family as if they were her family waiting in the room. At times, Dad will say, "You're just like your mother..." What better compliment could I possily ask to receive? I love you Mom for all that you are and all the love you have to give so unselfishly to all who receive it.

3 comments:

JJ's said...

Nice. Very nice.

mom&dadstoller said...

I was so touched by your wonderful tribute to Mother's Day. Iam so grateful for those memories and many more - they are with me forever. We also want you to know that we feel so blessed to have you as a son. Our fervent prayer is that you stay save and are as anxious as you to have you home again! We love you and miss you so very very much - Your Momma

mom&dadstoller said...

Hi Sweetheart - We have tried so often to post a comment on the blog. I'm so happy that it finally worked. Let's hope it continues!
WLUSVVM - Daddy and Momma