16 May 2007

CAT and Geese and Mourning



My cousin, Kevin, works for CAT and travels the world over. Thought he would like to see there are CAT heavy lifters here too. Come to think of it, my cousin Jeff works for CAT too. Enjoy lads!


On my way to the palace today I had the opportunity to see the Camp Victory geese and their new arrivals taking a field trip. I think they were off to swimming lessons...

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
The Lord giveth and He taketh away.
This week we will mourn the loss of USAF SSgt Self who was killed in an EFP attack on his Military Police convoy. If he is the same fellow I am thinking of, we just gave him a farewell at church where he played guitar and sang with the Praise Band Joyful Noez. I'll find out for certain on Friday. Either way, I saw the post blast analysis and my heart goes out to his family as they too mourn his loss.
Life is fragile, friends. Enjoy the blessing of this day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark,
Feel honored to have made the blog! I was catching up on what you've been up to - cannot imagine what it's like to be over there. Stay safe, and hope the next couple months go smooth for you.
Take care, primo.
Kevin

lawgrrl07 said...

Nice shout out to Kev and Jeff...if you happen to see a CVS pharmacy over there, snap a pic (we were bought out by them in February). LOL...just kidding.

Jill