04 February 2007

On the 7th day...we rested


I just learned how to insert pictures into my posts. Disregard the date on the picture. The camera automatically goes to that date when you change batteries. :)
Despite my 3 hours of sheer boredom while accomplishing weapons and fire watch, I sewed a cloth rank emblem on to my patrol hat, wrote letters home, did my laundry, and still had a decent night's sleep.

I attended the Protestant service at the chapel this morning where we focused on our walk with God using 1 John 1: 5-10 as a guide for the sermon and finished up taking Communion with 7 others. It was good topic for those of us leaving. I still feel connected while here in the Carolina's but that sinking feeling of distance and isolation take hold as you tack on the miles between you and home.

Although a day of rest, today will be busy sorting throug my belongings to identify the items I'll send home to lighten my burgeoning 200lbs load, put my uniform together for the coming week, and clean my weapons after rolling through the sand during qualification.

On a personal note, "Thank you" to all who have prayed for Andra, our children and me; and to those who have been keeping tabs on both of us. The long haul is coming with our departure from this great country next Saturday. Thanks for keeping us strong and being strong in your support for us.

1 comment:

Suzanne Jane said...

Wow! I didn't realize your hair was so short! I couldn't tell in the previous picture due to the flattering hat. I am excited to support Andra and the kids during my upcoming visit. We continue to pray for you out here. Stay safe through the next phase of your journey.