17 June 2007

My Tribute for Father's Day

Advertisements for Father's Day gifts have traditionally been about golf accessories and BBQ equipment. Although my Dad played golf at one time and can grill a mean steak, his life is not defined by golf or cooking on the grill...he's a Family Man.

His care and love for his family extended into his professional life at Proctor and Gamble where he was well and widely known for his professional acumen, fair accountability, and his personal skills treating office and international colleagues as brothers and sisters. He is directly responsible for the promotion of many skilled office colleagues through the ranks of P&G by his own mentoring.


Dad has been my coach on the field for countless seasons of soccer, baseball, basketball, and football. He's most importantly been my coach and mentor off the field passing his beliefs and advice to me as I grew into a man, Officer, and now as a father to my children. My most fond memory of growing up is in the midst of post-dinner homework time (for both of us) I'd grab a seat in Dad's den. We'd talk about everything and anything for an easy hour. Thankfully, those conversations have never stopped and continue to this day.


For everything you have taught and passed down to me; making me the man I am today...Thank you, Dad! You are more than a mentor, you're my best friend. I love you.

No comments: