27 April 2007

Rainy Friday

As the weather bubba advertised...it is indeed raining today. First it was breezy, then it was gusty, and then we had the deluge of sand gusts to precede the rain. We now have the promise of puddles and mud as I have blogged about before.

Adding insult to precipitation injury, it was incredibly warm in our office. The AC has been on continuously for days. Closer inspection revealed the dust had caked up inside the filter and we had a slight ice issue to deal with..pictured below.




Orto wrote a very sincere and accurate depiction of the military spouse. When you get the chance, roll over to the AF EWO in Iraq (link at the right) and read on. Not to be a day late and a dollar short... Andra, my military spouse, deserves great praise as well.
Most of you have heard me refer to Andra as the Source of All Things Good in our family. Indeed she is and then some. Right now, she's home schooling & raising our children, caring for & developing our infant, getting the kids to where they need to be for Scouts and dance, active in Church and Bible study, and preparing our home for sale as we anticipate our move to Colorado Springs. Beyond the Scottish and German genes (stubborn tenacity) Andra is an exceptionally strong, competant woman whom I admire greatly. Truly my gift from God.



Combat isn't just for soldiers around here. This morning in the breakfast line, I met a contractor from KBR who has been here for 18 months working vehicle recovery. He drives this Mad Max looking humongous vehicle wrecker and goes out after our vehicles that have been blown up or disabled along the road. "There's a very distinct sound to 7.62mm bullets when they impact your cab", he told me. This poor fellow has to spend his time during attacks down by the floor boards while the military lights up the attackers. He is one of many brave Americans who are over here making great contributions to our military effort.

1 comment:

Suzanne Jane said...

If it makes you feel any better, it rained here today too. Two weekends ago we had a wash out with a lot of flooding in the area, last weekend was beautiful and I worked 12 hours on Saturday, but enjoyed a beautiful hike on Sunday. This weekend we are back to rain.
Your package was a bit delayed, but I finally sent it today. I'm certain you'll be able to identify the box wrapped in bright blue bulletin board paper with bug stickers. I wanted to make sure you knew who it was from. The kids can always recgonize my packages!
I did look at the information under the 'STATS' section. It was very interesting and looks like it can be used for a lesson in graphing! But I'd like to know who is checking this in the middle of the night!?!
Stay safe.