18 January 2007

Final Preparations

Welcome! I created this web log for everyone to check in from time to time and read how life is going on this deployment and for me to one stop shop keep you included.

Thank you all for the continued prayers and support. Andra, the kids, and my folks will really need your continued prayers as they deal with me being gone until August. The good Lord has a plan for all of us and this is just one more adventure in my walk with Him. The work I will be doing is serious and dangerous but I feel protected by all of your prayers.

Sunday, I leave for one week of explosives training, followed by 2 weeks of Army combat training (heavy weapons, close combat, land navigation, squad tactics, throw hand grenades, combat life saver skills, etc). Around the 9th of February, I will be provided transport to Kuwait for convoy training, and then on to Iraq to participate in Counter-IED operations. First stop is my old stomping grounds at Camp Victory and then it will determined whether I stay at HQ or move to a Forward Operating Base.

5 comments:

Pastor Mike said...

The Lord woke me up @ 4am Sunday morning; I didn't know why so I just prayed for whatever it might be. Andra told me Sunday morning that you had to get up @ 4 . . . so I guess I was praying for you!

Letty said...

Dear Mark:
You and your family are in our prayers.
May God always lead your way.
We will keep in touch.

We love you,
Letty

Unknown said...

Wish you didn't have to do this. We're all praying for you. May God protect you and keep you safe.

Peace,
Todd

JJ's said...

Know you are on our minds and in our prayers. Thank you for protecting our country.
We love you always.
JJ's

Ellen said...

I didn't even know this was happeing until 1/27. I guess I'd better check e-mail more often. You, Andra, the kids & family will be in my prayers always. I will look forward to reading your blog every day to know where you are in your journey. Tara & I love all of you and are thankful for your devotion to our wonderful country. May God keep you until you return to those who love you and need you. Ellen & Tara